Faith in Action serves Belmont, Marshall and Ohio Counties so that older adults and individuals with disabilities are able to remain independent. If you are in need of assistance to remain independent, call our office at 304-243-5420.
A Note to Professionals - If you are a professional heath care or social services provider and need to make a referral for a patient or client, contact our office at 304-243-5420 for assistance with an application for services.
APPLY FOR HELP Button link to Care Receiver application
Eligibility for Services
Faith in Action provides free services to older adults and individuals with disabilities in Belmont, Marshall and Ohio Counties. There are no income eligibility requirements. Individuals of all ages can receive services from volunteers who give their time and talents to enhance the quality of life for our neighbors.
Faith in Acton provides services based upon availability of a volunteer caregiver. Services provided include:
- Escorted Transportation to medical appointments in the local area as well as Morgantown, Washington, PA and Pittsburgh.
- Escorted Transportation to other places in the local area.
- Telephone reassurance calls
- Respite for family caregivers
- Friendly Visiting
Services Not Provided
Unfortunately, due to the need for extra qualifications from our volunteers, we are unable to provide the following services:
- Dispensing medication
- Other personal care
- Long-term, daily or overnight respite
- Transportation cannot be provided if care receiver is not able to transfer from a wheelchair to a car
Because of the generosity of individual donations, business partners and congregations, Faith in Action is able to offer services without charge to the receiver regardless of income level.
How to Get Help