FIAC supports the independent living of older adults and people with disabilities through the shared ministry of faith communities in Ohio, Marshall and Belmont Counties.
SERVICES COORDINATOR JOB DESCRIPTION
Reports to…Executive Director
The Services Coordinator supports the organization by identifying needs of care receivers and matching requests for services to Faith in Action Volunteers.
- Experience: Previous database management experience, previous office experience, interest in working with the elderly and/or disabled, experience with volunteerism. Editing monthly newsletter, a plus.
- Skills: Excellent typing skills, computer database management knowledge and skill, organizational skills, knowledge of office equipment use, general computer software use (Microsoft Office software especially Excel, word, database, etc.) pleasant telephone manner, ability to work on multiple projects at the same time, time management skills, ability to be a part of a team, valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
- Personal: An understanding of and respect for individuals in need, good interpersonal skills, openness and flexibility in working with diverse groups, enthusiasm for working collaboratively on community issues, understanding of volunteers and volunteer programs, willingness to implement the mission and philosophy of Faith in Action
- Full-Time (40 hours per week) Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., one-hour unpaid lunch period.
- Pay and Benefits: Salary non-exempt, overtime on Executive Director’s approval. Mileage reimbursements for work-related travel, employer paid medical benefits; other benefits may be offered at the discretion of the Faith in Action Caregivers Board of Directors.
Duties and responsibilities
- Record incoming requests on monthly spreadsheets.
- Contact Volunteers to fill requests by email and phone (both calls & texts if required);
- Send monthly volunteer newsletter for Executive Director by email & mail according to stated preferences to active and support volunteers.
- Maintain Basicfunder database and care receiver and volunteer files.
- Work cooperatively with other Social Service and Medical Coordinators and community peers; communicate care receiver needs where appropriate to address unfilled needs.
- Accurately enter new care receivers & volunteers into the Basicfunder database.
- Work cooperatively on organization projects.
- Mail Care Receiver information forms to potential receivers and keep appropriate records of requests and what has been mailed.
- Explain to new care receivers all policies and determine their current and future needs.
- Manage and update the community and congregation records in the database.
- Complete data entry for volunteer time (most are estimations based upon location).
- Monthly reports (volunteer services) for Board meetings.
- Assist with data entry and records management for annual fund-raising events as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.