Faith in Action Caregivers provides many opportunities for individuals to put their faith into action by making a difference in the quality of life for our older adult and disabled neighbors. Volunteers can give as little as an hour or two a week in service to others.
Volunteer Opportunities :
Regardless of the amount of time you have to give in service to others, check there are many opportunities to use your gifts and talents.
- Escorted transportation is needed for dialysis patients from both Ohio and Marshall Counties three days a week
- Escorted transportation is needed for an elderly man in the St. Clairsville area to get to medical appointments in Wheeling
- A disabled woman in Wheeling needs escorted transportation to medical appointments
- An elderly woman in Bellaire need transportation to cancer treatments in Wheeling
- An elderly man in Wheeling would like transportation to the Kroger store
- Several elderly and disabled individuals need transportation for shopping and errands around the first of every month from both Belmont County and Ohio County
- A man in Bridgeport needs someone to sit with his wife so he can do errands
- A World War II veteran from Wheeling needs escorted transportation to the Veterans Hospital in Pittsburgh
- A vision-impaired woman from Wheeling needs escorted transportation to the eye clinic in Morgantown
- An elderly woman from St. Clairsville needs escorted transportation to medical appointments in Pittsburgh
If you can help with any of these needs or would like to know more about other needs of our elderly and disabled neighbors, sickness contact Carolyn Gereg, Services Coordinator by email or phone at 304-243-5420 and plan to attend the next Orientation to Caregiving training session.