To become a Faith in Action Caregivers volunteer the following qualifications are needed:
A desire to serve God and others
- An ability to work with people in the community whose circumstances leave them with social, sick physical or mental needs
- A sincere respect for people of different faith traditions
The responsibilities of a volunteer caregiver are:
Commit to providing assistance to individuals based on personal skills, help interests, talent and time
- Respect and compliment existing caregiving pattern in the family and the community
- Attend Orientation to Caregiving
- Provide Faith in Action Caregivers with requested reports of service and other records
- Abide by all policies and procedures established by the organization
Every candidate for a volunteer position is required to complete a volunteer application. The application will reflect the individual’s qualification and skills in relation to the specific volunteer opportunities available. Every effort will be made to find a position for each volunteer that will be rewarding and will meet the volunteer’s interests, skills, experiences, needs and personality.
Volunteers can be of any age. There are many opportunities for faith-based youth groups or individual youth from a congregation. Faith in Action Caregivers believes that it is by the example of caring adults that children and teenagers learn the value of using one’s gifts in the shared ministry of interfaith volunteer caregiving. There are many ways that children and teenagers can share in volunteer caregiving experiences and to develop a pattern for their own volunteer service as they grow into adulthood.
Transportation volunteers must be at least 18 years of age. Volunteers provide transportation using their own vehicles. Evidence of insurance on the vehicle is required. Volunteers must also provide evidence of a valid driver’s license in the state of residence.
Volunteers give of their time without financial compensation. Volunteers should not incur expenses other than those involved with the use of a personal vehicle while performing volunteer work for Faith in Action Caregivers. Volunteers can request reimbursement of mileage according to policies in effect at the time the transportation is provided.